Facilities & Gear
|AFTRS Studio 2 pre-lighting excercise. Photo by Dom Lonnegran.|
STATE OF THE ART GEAR AND FACILITIES LIKE NO OTHER
AFTRS provides students with a deep understanding of the craft of film, television, radio and digital media
through hands on, production based practice in state of the art facilities
AFTRS features a wide range of facilities of value to students, including:
- A comprehensive research library located on site.
- Four teaching computer labs - Mac and PC systems.
- A full size theatre - with seating for 120 - equipped with 35mm, 16mm and high definition digital projection and
- State-of-the-art, 5.1 mixing /screening theatre with seating for 40.
- Two large professional film and television studios.
- Three smaller workshop studios.
- Professional 35mm, 16mm and digital video cameras.
- Production support including:
- Grip truck with Movietech Arco dolly and accessories
- Gaffer truck with a wide range of lighting, stands and accessories
- Stand-by Props truck
- Extensive props store
- Costume support
- Set construction workshop
- Ten off-line picture editing suites housing both AVID and Final-Cut Pro editing, one 35mm flat bed film edit suite.
- Three state of the art Sound recording studios.
- Ten Sound Editing suites.
- Four Music Composition suites.
- Two online video editing suites.
- A video-post department that provides broadcast quality dubbing, HD Avid Adrenaline online editing, Scenarist DVD
authoring, web streaming and multicam production services.
- Contemporary digital radio studio facilities including three on-air studios.