How & When to Apply
ENTRY IS BY MERIT SELECTION:
AFTRS Degree courses, which include, the Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma in Radio and Masters level courses are based on entry by merit selection.
- Applicants for an AFTRS award course must satisfy entry requirements
- Each AFTRS award course has its own specific entry requirements.
- Specific application tasks are to be completed as part of the selection process.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
You can Register Your Interest for a course on the Award Course Detail Page by providing contacts details so we can keep you up-to-date about the course or related courses.
If you don't want to register your interest you can send an email to us by clicking on the Got a Question button.
- For specific information on applying to individual courses please refer to the Award Course Detail Page via the Award Course List.
- The Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production has one application round which closes on Wednesday November 30, 2016.
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma in Radio and Masters courses open on Saturday 10 September and close on Friday November 18, 2016.
- Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas open on Saturday October 1, 2016 and closes on Sunday January 15, 2017.
CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT
In order to apply for an AFTRS award course you will need to be an:
- Australian citizen or;
- New Zealand citizen or;
- have an Australian Permanent Resident or Humanitarian visa.
TO APPLY YOU WILL NEED:
To complete any required tasks specific to the course you are applying for:
- The specific application tasks
- A one-page list of your achievements, educational qualifications and work experience or a personal statement as outlined in the application tasks
- A certified copy of your highest education level.
- A certified copy of your proof of citizenship or residency.
STEPS TO APPLY TO AN AFTRS AWARD COURSE:
Navigate to the specific 'Award Course Detail Page' via the Award Course List
When a course is open for applications:
- a tick is visible in the small square box on the top-RHS of the page along with the words OPEN.
- a coloured ribbon is also visible with the words APPLY.
When a course is closed for applications:
- a cross is visible in the small square box on the top-RHS of the page, along with the words CLOSED.
- the coloured ribbon does NOT appear when a course is closed.
OPENING SOON means the online application portal will be available soon to take applications.
When a course is open and ready to accept applications:
Click the APPLY ribbon to commence the process.
Create a new account or login with an existing account
Complete the application form, which includes your name, address, contact details and some background questions
You will be asked to upload PDF documents of ALL of the written material that is required as part of the application process as follows:
- Written application tasks.
- List of your achievements, educational qualifications and work experience.
- A certified copy of your highest education level.
- Proof of residency (a certified copy of a passport or birth certificate).
Note if you are accepted into the course you will be required to provide a photo identification document at Orientation.
You may be required to submit media files as part of your application.
Ensure you read the entry requirements and application tasks carefully to:
- Understand if you are required to submit media files
- Understand the type of files that are to be submitted if they are required
You will be able to upload your media file/s as part of the application process. Please ensure you conform to the required file type and size specified as follows.
Each document has a maximum of 10MB in size, and 50MB for media file. Please contact the Student Centre on (02) 9805 6444, if you having any problems in uploading your media file.
If your creative portfolio is more than 50MB you will be able to upload it to a dedicated, secure AFTRS Dropbox folder online. A hyperlink will be provided to you when you apply for the course
Please go to this link for information on media files.
Sign a declaration that all of the information and materials submitted to AFTRS, as part of your application, is true, correct, complete and not misleading.
On receipt of your application an email will be sent to the email account you nominated that includes:
- confirmation of your application
- a unique application number
- login details to the application portal.
Your unique application number is required as a reference during the application process.
If you experience difficulties during the application process contact the Student Centre: (02) 9805 6444
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- All correspondence from AFTRS to you will be via email, including notification on the success or otherwise of your application.
- Ensure the email address provided is accurate and advise AFTRS' Student Centre of any email changes promptly or update details using the 'application portal' login.
- Check your email regularly during the application process.
- Ensure you submit any required media files that may be required as part of the application process. Check the entry requirements on each specific award course detail page.
Last updated September 7, 2016
Image attribution: Photo by Linda Chang for AFTRS.
The Australian Film Television Radio and School would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, on whose land we meet, work, study and teach. We pay our respects to Elders past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from all nations of this land.