Short Course Subsidy
SHORT COURSE SUBSIDY
At its discretion, AFTRS will make subsidised position(s) available to Indigenous Australians to attend an AFTRS Open Course.
Applicants will need to meet specific selection criteria.
To be eligible for assistance, applicants must address the following criteria:
- Identify and be accepted by their community as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
- Have relevant industry knowledge, experience and a commitment to using knowledge gained in the course in the future.
- The offer of a subsidised position on an Open course is solely at the discretion of AFTRS. AFTRS will not provide any reasons pertaining to these decisions.
- AFTRS reserves the right not to accept applicants into its Open courses.
- AFTRS reserves the right to cancel Open courses at short notice.
- A position(s) offered for Open courses are contingent on the Open courses running.
- If an Open course is deemed full prior to an application being received AFTRS will be unable to process the application. AFTRS will advise the applicant of proposed future relevant course dates for which the applicant may apply.
Last updated May 3, 2016
The Australian Film Television Radio and School would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, on whose land we meet, work, study and teach. We pay our respects to Elders past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from all nations of this land.