How To Enrol
Enrolment is the process in which you confirm your place in a course. You can enrol online. Once you have enrolled, you are officially a student of AFTRS.
Accepting your offer:
Offers for 2017 will be sent in late December for BA Screen - Production and postgraduate courses. Specialist course offers will be sent in late January 2017. A deadline will be given to accept your offer online and you will then be sent an email including your log-in details for use when enrolling and paying your fees.
Log-in to https://myaftrs.aftrs.edu.au portal using your login details.
Enrol in the course you have accepted a place and then proceed to complete your enrolment by answering a series of questions.
A confirmation email will be sent to you once you finalise your enrolment.
If you are enrolled as a full-time student you may be eligible for travel concession.
You will be given an enrolment and fee paying date when you accept your offer..
Even if you are unsure about work commitments or travelling overseas, we recommend you enrol as early as possible.
If your circumstances change, you can withdraw from subjects up until the census date.
If you do not enrol by the specified date, your place will be forfeited.
If you have any problems enrolling or have any further questions contact the Student Centre on:
- 02 9805 6444
Due dates for the payments of fees are:
- First semester fees are payable in late January or early February.
- Second semester fees are payable in early July.
If you don't arrange payment by the specified date you will be excluded from your course of study until the fee is paid.
There are two options for the payment of fees:
- Through FEE-HELP
A. Upfront Payment:
You may pay your tuition fee upfront in full.
If you elect to pay your fees upfront you can choose to:
- Use the https://myaftrs.aftrs.edu.au portal to pay your fees on-line by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only).
- You can also generate an invoice to include with your cheque or money order. Just click on the 'Fees' tab and select 'pay fees on-line' or 'invoice'.
- You can choose to make a payment in person at the Finance Department of AFTRS to pay your fees via cash or credit card (Mastercard or Visa only)
- You can also pay via credit card over the phone, by calling the Finance Department on 02 9805 6425 or 02 9805 6461.
- You may also pay by direct deposit. Ensure you use your name as the reference so AFTRS can identify your payment.The account details are:
Bank: Commonwealth Bank
Account Name: Australian Film Television and Radio School
Account Number: 10141213
Eligible students may apply for FEE-HELP, the Australian government loan scheme, to pay all or some of their tuition fees.
The Student Centre will post the FEE-HELP form to all enrolled students.
If you choose FEE-HELP to pay your fees you must submit your completed application form to the Student Centre by the due date.
Detailed information concerning eligibility is available at www.studyassist.gov.au.
Students who are under 18
If you will be under 18 at the commencement of your course the Student Centre will send you a form for your parent or guardian to sign.
Please arrange for your parent or guardian to sign and date the form and then either:
- Send the completed form to the Student Centre by email to
- Hand-deliver the completed from to:
The Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park (Entry via Lang Rd)
- Post to:
AFTRS Student Centre
PO Box 2286
STRAWBERRY HILLS NSW 2012
Updated June 30, 2016
The Australian Film Television Radio and School would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, on whose land we meet, work, study and teach. We pay our respects to Elders past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from all nations of this land.