The inaugural Cockatoo Island Film Festival is in full flight with a showcase of international and local productions being presented on the harbour island, which has been converted into a bespoke and alternative multiplex for the duration of the festival with a complementary program of panel discussions, forums and master classes.
The stayconnected team had a scroll through the program and spied the following films being screened at the festival made by AFTRS graduates as follows:
- Dead Europe the feature length directorial debut for Tony Krawitz (MA Directing, 2001)
- Lore - Directed/co-written by Cate Shortland (Graduate Diploma Directing, 2000) with Sam Petty (Sound 1992 and Editing 1991) as Sound Designer.
-The Bunker Written & directed by Kate Vinen (Graduate Certificate in Directing, 2010) Sound Designer - Glenn Humphries (Graduate Diploma in Sound, 2010) Cinematography by Adam Howden (Graduate Diploma in Cinematography, 2009) Composed by Edwin Montgomery (Master of Arts: Film & Television - Screen Composition, 2006)
- Little Hands Directed & written Claire McCarthy (Graduate Diploma in Film and Television - Directing)
- Grace Written & directed by Liz Cooper (Graduate Certificate Directing, 2010) with Adam Howden (Graduate Diploma in Cinematography, 2009) as DOP, Danielle Boesenberg (Graduate Diploma in Editing, 2010) Editor, Peter Climpson (Graduate Diploma in Sound, 2010) & Paradox Delilah (Graduate Diploma in Sound, 2009) on Sound
- Trace Written, directed & produced by Su Goldfish (Graduate Certificate in Documentary, 2010)
Full details about all events and screenings at the festival can be found over at the Cockatoo Island website
Well done to all and if we missed a film or team out of this listing please drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image: Cockatoo Island Film Festival website