2016 OPEN DAY
AFTRS OPEN DAY
SATURDAY SEPT 10. 10AM - 4:30PM
Find out how to start and progress your career in the screen and broadcast industries with the Australian Film Television and Radio School.
This is a great opportunity to see our state-of-the-art facilities, meet our professional tutors, learn about our 2017 undergraduate and postgraduate courses and see for yourself why AFTRS is the #1 film, TV and radio school in Australia.
THINGS TO SEE & DO
- Find out about our BA Screen-Production, Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Postgraduate Courses plus Short Courses and School Holiday Courses
- Experience our state-of-the-art film, TV and radio studios in action and have a go at being a TV presenter
- Hear from our alumni, including Triple J’s Hack show producer Karla Arnall and writer/directors Malina Mackiewicz and Warwick Young whose student films have collected prizes at major film festivals around the world
- Speak to the industry experts who make up our tutoring staff
- Get tips on preparing your application and the merit selection process (no ATAR required)
- Take part in a live broadcast from the AFTRS Radio Tent outside the School
- Experience virtual reality first hand with VR Noir: A Day Before the Night developed with Start VR
- Ride in a crane and operate a remote control camera used by cinematographers
- Find out about FEE-HELP and other support for students
MAIN THEATRE TALKS
10:30am - 11:00am [Diplomas + Advanced Diplomas]
11:10am - 11:40am [BA Screen-Production]
11:50am - 12:20pm [Postgraduate: Graduate Certificates, MA Screen (11 disciplines) + MA Screen Business & Leadership]
12:30pm - 1:10pm [Panel discussion with AFTRS alumni, facilitated by AFTRS CEO Neil Peplow]
1:20pm - 1:50pm [Top Tips for a Successful Application]
2:00pm - 2:30pm [Diplomas + Advanced Diplomas]
2:40pm - 3:10pm [BA Screen-Production]
3:20pm - 3:50pm [Postgraduate: Graduate Certificates, MA Screen (11 disciplines) + MA Screen Business & Leadership]
You'll also be able to speak to people throughout the day about the courses and the application process.
10:30am - 11:30am [Transcendent Story with Allen Palmer]
11:40am - 12:40pm [What’s Wrong With Film Music? with Martin Armiger]
2:50pm - 3:50pm [Laughing When It Hurts with Marty Murphy]
WHERE WE ARE
Australian Film Television and Radio School
Building 130, The Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park, Sydney NSW 2021
If you need help call us on 02 9805 6611.
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT
POSTGRADUATE INFO EVENING: SEPT 21
WEDNESDAY SEPT 21. 6PM-8PM
Come along to our Postgraduate Information Evening to discover how AFTRS' new 2017 postgraduate courses are designed to nurture the next generation of visionary screen storytellers who can work at the highest level of Australian screen culture.
Full list of 2017 postgraduate courses
Sign up for updates on the Postgraduate Information Evening and postgraduate courses
Throughout the year we travel to course and career expos in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra. There's only one left in 2016 but we will be back on the road in 2017.
Canberra Careers Expo: August 3-4
If you would like to see our facilities but can't make it to Open Day or our Postgraduate Information Evening, we offer regular guided tours for individuals and groups.
Every Wednesday at 10AM
Get more information about Guided Tours
In preparation for Open Day, our radio students have been conducting interviews with AFTRS radio alumni including Smallzy, Tim Blackwell and Stuart Bocking.
Radio students will also be broadcasting live on Open Day from a pop-up tent on our front lawn, so you'll be able to see them in action!