Intro to Producing
There are currently no classes scheduled for this course. Register your interest to be notified when the next suitable class becomes available. Register your interest
“What does a Producer do?”An introductory, one-day course for emerging producers with Oscar® nominated and Golden Globe winning Producer Martin Brown (Romeo+Juliet, Moulin Rouge!).
Become familiar with the roles and workflow of a producer and learn the most effective and efficient ways to produce your project.At the end of this course participants will have:
- An understanding of the different roles of Producers (Executive, Associate, Line, Co-, Associate, etc.)
- A familiarity with the major stages in an independent versus a studio production, including: concept development, financing, preproduction, production, post-production and distribution
- Knowledge about: building a creative team, script development, research and marketing, finance and funding, legal and insurance issues
- Identified the key funding bodies and mechanisms within the industry
- An understanding of: optioning a property, development, the pitch, pre-sales, ATL, HODs, E&O, P&A and more
A not to be missed course. Learn from the very best!
Student feedback from 2014:
"Thank you for your amazing course yesterday at AFTRS. I really enjoyed it and learnt so much."
"Martin (Brown)’s experience is incredibly invaluable."
"Exceeded my expectations. Martin (Brown) was excellent. Material was excellent. Great value for money."
***DISCLAIMER*** AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If a participant wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open's policies, including refund policies, please see our policies page.