Intro to Producing
Sydney - Nov 27 2016
- AFTRS Sydney
- Nov 27 2016 - Nov 27 2016
- Attendance Pattern
- One Session, Sunday 10am - 5pm
- Peter Herbert
- Course fee
- $180 / $162
“What does a Producer do?” In this introductory, one-day course you wil find out!
What You Will Learn
In this seminar style course you will become familiar with the roles and workflow of a producer in both TV and film, and learn the most effective and efficient ways to produce a project.At the end of this course you will have:
- An understanding of the different roles of Producers (Executive, Associate, Line, Co-, Associate, etc.)
- A familiarity with the major stages in an independent versus a studio production, including: concept development, financing, preproduction, production, post-production and distribution
- Knowledge about: building a creative team, script development, research and marketing, finance and funding, legal and insurance issues
- Identified the key funding bodies and mechanisms within the industry
- An understanding of: optioning a property, development, the pitch, pre-sales, ATL, HODs, E&O, P&A and more
A not to be missed course. Learn from the very best!
"Thank you for your amazing course yesterday at AFTRS. I really enjoyed it and learnt so much."
""Exceeded my expectations...Great value for money."
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
No previous experience necessary, this course is aimed at entry level.
ABOUT THE TUTOR: PETER HERBERT
A writer, producer and executive producer for a many national and international companies, among them Crawford Productions, PBL Productions, Taffner Ramsay, Beyond International and Granada, Peter began his career writing and producing for television classics such as Cop Shop, The Sullivans, The Flying Doctors, The Comedy Company and Acropolis Now. He produced the inaugural Comedy Festival Charity Gala for television in 1991 and created The World Comedy Tour in 2000. The Charity Gala is an annual fixture on the international comedy calendar. He also produced The 34th Annual TV Week Logies, and he has created and co-created a number of series, among them Skirts, The Comedy Sale!, The Agency, Parties, FAQ, and The Big Wig for Sky1 in the UK.
In 2002, working with Caroline Aherne of The Royle Family, Peter co-created, co-wrote and produced the BBC2 comedy series, Dossa and Joe. Other comedy credits include Unreal TV, a sitcom, Sit Down, Shut Up, and a number of productions at thecomedychannel on Foxtel. As Manager, Business Services & Content at Screen Producers Australia, Peter was responsible for delivering professional business courses to the industry, and programming the SCREEN FOREVER conference in 2015 and 2016. He is the incoming Head of Producing at AFTRS.
Have any questions? Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 065 281
***DISCLAIMER*** AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If a participant wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open's policies, including refund policies, please see our policies page.