Shooting HD On Your DSLR
There are currently no classes scheduled for this course. Register your interest to be notified when the next suitable class becomes available. Register your interest
DSLR: A digital single-lens reflex camera combining the optics and the mechanisms of a single-lens reflex camera with a digital imaging sensor, as opposed to photographic film.
Want to shoot High Definition (HD) video on your DSLR?
With the vast improvement in the video functions of DSLRs in the last few years, these are no longer simply an add on to your stills camera.
Industry expert cinematographer Gareth Tillson will show you how to make the most of your DSLR and open up the world of the moving image.
This introductory course for new filmmakers, photography enthusiasts & existing filmmakers will familiarise participants with shooting HD on their DSLRs.
Over two days you will:
- Be assigned hands on, practical exercises
- Examine these camera's imaging capabilities
- Gain techniques for getting the most out of their operation
- Shoot test footage across a range of environments
- Have assignments critically evaluated
- Address the fundamental differences between still photography and cinematography
- Finish the course feeling familiar with the camera and knowing when it is the appropriate choice for your shooting needs
N.B. -- Participants are required to bring in their own DSLR for the course.
***DISCLAIMER*** AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If a participant wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open's policies, including refund policies, please see our policies page