Unrivalled gear and facilities
AFTRS is the only film school in the world to house facilities for all of the specialist screen and broadcast craft areas under one roof.
Our state-of-the-art, industry-standard equipment and purpose-built facilities ensure graduates are at the leading edge of technology, innovation and practice. Among the unrivalled facilities available to students are:
- The world-class research and resource Jerzy Toeplitz Library
- Four teaching computer labs with Mac and PC systems
- A 120-seat theatre, equipped with 35mm, 16mm and high-definition digital projection and Dolby sound
- State-of-the-art, 5.1 mixing and screening theatre with seating for 40
- Two large professional film and television studios
- Three smaller workshop studios
- Professional 35mm, 16mm and digital video cameras
- Production support including grip truck with Movietech Arco dolly and accessories
- Stand-by props truck
- Extensive props store
- Costume support
- Set-construction workshop
- Ten off-line picture editing suites, and one 35mm flatbed film edit suite
- Three state-of-the-art sound recording studios.
- Ten sound editing suites
- Four music composition suites
- Two online video editing suites
- Contemporary digital radio studio facilities including three on-air studios
- A video-post department that provides broadcast quality dubbing, HD Avid Adrenaline online editing, Scenarist DVD authoring, web streaming and Multicam production services
Let current student Joelle Sanounou (Australia for UNHCR Beddie Scholarship recipient) take you on a virtual tour of our world-class facilities.