This Charter is a commitment from all our staff and students that our school is a safe creative space to work in. It extends to our sets, locations, our classrooms and includes all interactions, including in person, phone-calls, texts and online.
It is a living document that will evolve and progress to meet the needs of the school, its staff and students.
- Our creativity is strengthened by contribution from people of all walks of Australian life.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to develop and contribute their skills.
- It is all of our responsibility to ensure these opportunities exist, and to remove obstacles to participation.
- Leadership in creative practice requires ongoing learning.
- Without the knowledge that we are safe, we cannot be bold or daring.
We commit to:
- Share our knowledge generously.
- Ensure a diversity of content and ideas in our teaching, work and films.
- Foster a culture that supports the pursuit of creative excellence free from any physical or psychological harm.
- Work in ways that support participation.
- Communicate clear processes for addressing problems.
- Appoint support officers.
- Maintain confidentiality where required.
- Ensure consequences for breaches of the charter.
- Maintain a zero-tolerance approach to behaviour that is discriminatory, bullying or harassment.