AFTRS ALUMNI ARE LEADING THE WAY
Since inception, in 1973, AFTRS has launched the careers of over two thousand film, television, radio and new media professionals many of whom are working at the highest levels in the world. Over the past 40 years, AFTRS graduates have received critical acclaim and won or been nominated for a slate prestigious gongs. Our screen practitioners have a haul of Academy Awards, AACTAs, BAFTAs, Golden Globes, Emmys and hundreds of guild prizes. And our radio graduates are snapped up by Australia’s biggest broadcasters, often before they’ve completed their studies, and go on to have long and illustrious careers.
Notable alumni include Jane Campion, Gillian Armstrong, Chris Noonan, Rachel Perkins, Cate Shortland, Warwick Thornton, Andrew Lesnie, Dion Bebe, David White, Jacquelin Perske, Larissa Behrendt, Margaret Sixel, Nick Meyers, Annie Beauchamp, Anthony Partos, Chloe Rickard, Patrick Clair and Sejong Park.
While studying at AFTRS, our students are the “ones to watch”. After they graduate, they swiftly rise to the top of their respective fields and become the leaders of the Australian screen and broadcast industry, representing the country at the world’s most elite screen and broadcast institutions. To ensure that the experiences, skills and knowledge are passed on to the next generation of storytellers, our alumni are welcomed back to the School as heads of department, teaching staff, mentors and keynote speakers.
- Subscribe to the AFTRS Showcase on YouTube to watch Top Tips videos and Masterclasses featuring our stellar staff, alumni and special guests, as well as student films and web series.
- Attend our regular industry events to catch up with classmates, preview films, participate in panel discussions, learn from masterclasses and network with industry peers.
- Join the AFTRS Noticeboard to offer job opportunities to current students and recent grads and find new collaborators among the slew of experienced alumni and industry professionals, who are active members of the group.
- Subscribe to the AFTRS newsletter to keep abreast of alumni and current student success stories, the waves they’re making in industry, and all the latest goings on at the School.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, and tag us in your announcements so we can share your news.
Graduating from AFTRS was the first step in your creative career. Let us know what you’re doing post-AFTRS.