About Talent Camp
Talent Camp is a skills development program for creatives from diverse backgrounds, designed to provide opportunities for emerging storytellers to create new content and be employment ready for the screen sector.
Talent camp is now closed for submissions.
Talent Camp happens in two stages. First the state camps, a five-day workshop in each capital city, with 12-15 participants, which focuses on story development, scripting, producing considerations and career pathways for short-form web series production. A national workshop takes place several months later, bringing together two emerging creatives from each state to fine-tune their work. Read about the 2020 National Talent Camp participants.
Meet the 2019 state participants
The workshops have been designed to include:
- One day on exploring and developing core narratives, themes and understanding story development
- One day on scripting considerations, working with short form and developing characters and narratives over episodes
- Two days to understand producing considerations, audience, platforms, and hear from recently produced online narrative content makers, and an opportunity to have one to one time with the makers
- One day on career pathways, and introduction to local industry leaders, screen agencies and production companies
On completion of Talent Camp participants will:
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge required to develop a story idea into a concept and script
- Have a strong understanding of how to identify audience, potential finance, distribution and production pathways for specific projects
- Have identified their strengths, weaknesses and next steps in their career pathway
- Be considered, on a case by case basis, for further talent development opportunities
This program is right for you if you have produced creative works, are passionate about storytelling and are interested in exploring a career in screen media, especially in online narrative content.
Talent Camp is a diversity and inclusion program. We encourage applicants with specific reference to cultural background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, geographic disadvantage and socio-economic status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander creatives are strongly encouraged to apply.
There is no workshop fee for participants. Funds will be made available to contribute to flight and accommodation costs for participants from rural or regional locations. Other access costs will be met on a needs basis.
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 223 877
How to apply
Talent Camp is a bi-annual program and submissions for 2019 are closed, and will re open in 2021.
Talent Camp is a multi-partner screen industry initiative made possible with the support of leading community cultural organisations: AFTRS, Screen Australia, AWG & Scripted Ink, Screen Queensland, Create NSW, Screen Canberra, Film Victoria, Screen Tas, South Australian Film Corp, ScreenWest and Screen Territory.
Got a question? Contact us: email@example.com or 1300 223 877.