Entry is by merit selection
AFTRS undergraduate and postgraduate courses are based on entry by merit selection.
- Applicants for an AFTRS award course must satisfy admission requirements.
- Each AFTRS award course has its own specific entry requirements.
- Specific application tasks are to be completed as part of the selection process.
Citizenship or permanent residency requirement
In order to apply for an AFTRS award course you will need to be an:
- Australian citizen or;
- New Zealand citizen or;
- have an Australian Permanent Resident or Humanitarian visa.
The School has limited places for international students in the Master of Arts Screen course.
What you need to do
Once you have clicked “apply now” on the relevant course you will need to:
- Answer all mandatory questions marked with an asterisk (*).
- Upload supporting documentation, which includes certified copies of your:
a) Proof of citizenship/residency
b) Highest educational qualification
- Upload specific application tasks relevant to the course for which you are applying.
- Agree to the terms and conditions at the end of the application.
You do not have to complete your application in one sitting. Save your application and log back in at any time prior to the closing date to pick up where you left off.
When uploading application tasks that are media/video files, please be patient as this can take some time.
If you require assistance, please contact the Student Centre (02) 9805 6444 or email@example.com
What are certified copies?
A certified copy is a copy of an original document which has been certified as being a true copy by an authorised person.
How to have a document certified
To have a document certified you should take the original to an authorised person. The person must then write on every page of the copy document:
“I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original.”
The person should sign beneath each statement and provide their designation, for example, “Justice of the Peace”.
Who is authorised to certify a document?
- An AFTRS Student Centre staff member
- A Justice of the Peace with a registration number. Copies verified by Justice of the Peace without a registration number will not be accepted
- An accountant – members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, or the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, or the National Institute of Accountants, or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents
- A member of the police force with the rank of sergeant or above
- A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
- A principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school
- A bank or credit union manager
- A post office manager
- A commissioner for declarations
- The official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents
- An Australian embassy or consulate
- A public notary office
The Student Profile table gives an indication of the likely peer cohort for new students at the institution. It provides data on students who commenced undergraduate study in the most relevant intake period, including those admitted through all offer rounds, across all Australian campus, and international students studying in Australia.