To apply you will need to:
1. Answer all mandatory questions marked with an asterisk (*).
2. Upload supporting documentation, which includes certified copies of your:
(a) Proof of citizenship/residency
(b) Highest educational qualification
3. Upload specific application tasks relevant to the course for which you are applying.
4. Agree to the terms and conditions at the end of the application.
You do not have to complete your application in one sitting. Save your application and log back in at any time prior to the closing date to pick up where you left off.
When uploading application tasks that are media/video files, please be patient as this can take some time.
If you require assistance, please contact the Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places in this course are competitive and are based on merit selection.
Applicants to postgraduate programs are required to hold a relevant undergraduate degree at bachelor level or to have completed equivalent work experience and/or training.
The typical duration of a bachelor degree is 3-4 years, and candidates applying by degree equivalence are required to demonstrate they have achieved corresponding learning outcomes by completing a similar volume of relevant work experience and/or training. If you wish to apply for admission to a postgraduate program by degree equivalence, you will need to submit a Degree Equivalence Form. For more information, please contact the Admissions team at email@example.com.
2. Application Tasks
You are required to submit the following:
- A Professional Curriculum Vitae outlining your Experience in the relevant Screen Media Fields, Educational Qualifications, and Credits, and or Relevant achievements
- A Personal Statement detailing your aims, intentions and desired outcomes from the Course – this is a statement about you, not generic; the focus being where you have been and where you are going or wish to go.
- A Business Proposition or Proposal – again, this is about you and your thinking; it can be a specific idea, or a career proposal, or an idea of how you wish to transform your career.
Demonstrating achievement against the following selection criteria –
- Demonstrated experience or related skills relevant to the screen media industries
- A proven capacity for leadership and collaboration
- A willingness and capacity to engage in critical thinking, reflection and research
3. Educational qualifications
You must also provide a certified copy of your highest education level as detailed on the How and When to Apply page on the AFTRS website. Use the link provided for information on how to certify documents. Resume formats can be found on a variety of sites, and examples are numerous on sites such as LinkedIn.
4. Proof of citizenship/residency
Ensure you submit a certified copy of your birth certificate or passport as detailed on the How to Apply page on the AFTRS website. Use the link provided for information on how to certify documents.
1. PROFESSIONAL CURRICULUM VITAE
Write a Professional Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience in the relevant Screen Media Fields, Educational Qualifications, and Credits and or Relevant achievements. Please reference industry- standard Templates for this task.
2. PERSONAL STATEMENT
Write a personal statement that outlines your personal goals, your aims and ambitions, and how participation in this course will contribute towards you achieving these. Also, include any other information you believe the assessors should know about you that would assist in your application to AFTRS (approximately 250-500 words – submit as PDF file).
3. BUSINESS PROJECT PROPOSAL
Submit a statement outlining your proposal for a current business project that you are interested in pursuing. This should demonstrate your entrepreneurial engagement and thinking, as well as a desire to actively participate in the screen media industries. It can be anything from a business plan for a new project, or a detailed description of a business challenge that you have identified, a career proposal, or a description of how you might transform your career path. This should be 500 words maximum and or 2 – 3 minutes (maximum) of audio or video presentation. It can be submitted in the form of a PowerPoint or keynote presentation – but must be submitted as a PDF.
NOTES ON SUBMISSION OF MATERIALS
- Do not exceed the (total run time) or page length – additional materials will not be reviewed.
- All films should be in English or subtitled in English.
- Film links are not permitted – this prevents materials being altered after submission.
- All documents submitted should have your name, discipline, and 2024 Application and page number as a header.
- Documents must be in PDF format. Other file formats will not be considered.
- Keep any text submissions easy to read by using conventional font (Calibri, Arial, Times New Roman + Courier for scripts), not smaller than size 10, and normal margins.
- You are not permitted to submit any work that has been generated by ChatGPT or any other AI tool and claim it as your own. If you are using any work that is not yours, it must reference it accordingly – this is part of good ethical creative practice as well as a requirement of academic quality. Failure to reference is also considered plagiarism.
- If you have concerns or questions about use of generative AI tools, please don’t hesitate to contact your Program Convenor in the first instance. This is emerging technology for all of us, and we expect it will continue to grow exponentially in the coming months and years. AFTRS is committed to ensuring ethical and appropriate use of these powerful tools.
Changes in circumstances may impact upon the accuracy or currency of information. While AFTRS takes all due care to ensure that the information is accurate, it reserves the right to vary any information described here without notice.
Review the fee schedule for Domestic and Overseas Students here. Fees are reviewed each year and you are liable for the additional tuition costs if the tuition fees rise during the course of your enrolment.
This course is FEE-HELP approved. Refer to the Study Assist website for details.
A range of scholarships are available to successful applicants of the Master of Arts Screen: Business; you will be prompted to apply for them following your submission.