Running Your Own Creative Business
There are currently no classes scheduled for this course. Register your interest to be notified when the next suitable class becomes available. Register your interest
'Artists are often excellent businessmen. They have to be. Otherwise they do not remain artists.’ - A. Y. JacksonAlthough as creatives we often prefer to concentrate on creative output, financial viability and success relies on our ability to navigate the business arena.
Presented by Monica Davidson, Running Your Own Creative Business is absolutely essential for those seeking a successful career in any creative industry: film & TV, visual artists, musicians, performers, writers, etc.
The most important course you will ever take?
- How do you manage an irregular income stream?
- What are the legal and taxation obligations of your business?
- How do you develop a valuable and workable business plan?
- How should you structure your contracts?
- And what should you look for prior to signing one?
- How does copyright law work in regards to your own work and that of others?
- How can you market and present your business in a memorable and unique way?
These questions and more will be answered and participants will walk away with new understanding and a defined path forward.
- Understand the importance of applying business principles to your creative work
- Manage your finances more effectively
- Understand tax as it applies to a creative business
- Gain familiarity with basic contracts and copyright laws
- Learn how to market your services effectively and efficiently
'This course should be essential for any freelancer in the creative industries!'
'Monica was brilliant this weekend and I've certainly been enlightened in looking to run my creative business in the future. I will definitely be recommending it to other creative friends.'
'The course was absolutely fantastic and Monica is a fabulous teacher. I gained a huge amount from the course...highly reccommended and extremely happy.'
'Monica is awesome! So knowledgeable & fun! Facilities were great. The material received had extreme value!'
Check out Monica Davidson: Top Tips for Running Your Own Creative Business on our Meet the Tutors page.
Have any questions? Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 065 281
***DISCLAIMER*** AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If a participant wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee. For more information on AFTRS Open's policies, including refund policies, please see our policies page.