Under 18 Enrolment Information
Under 18 Enrolment in a School Holiday Course
If you are under 18 your parent/guardian/carer must complete the Under 18 Consent Form before you can commence an AFTRS Open course. Please ask your parent/guardian/carer to review our enrolment conditions and policies carefully.
Please download and return the signed Under 18 Consent Form to AFTRS Open prior to course commencement. Forms should be posted to:
PO Box 2286
If you would like more information on the enrolment procedure for under 18s please contact the AFTRS Open office:
P: 1300 065 281
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5.00pm
DOWNLOAD FORM: School Holiday Under 18 Consent Form
Under 18 Enrolment in an AFTRS Open Adult Short Course
Unless specifically offered under our School Holiday or Schools programs, AFTRS Open short courses are developed to suit an adult market (over 18). In the instance where a person or persons under the age of 18 wish to attend an adult course the following conditions and considerations will apply:
- Applicants under 18 years of age will not be permitted to attend a course if the content is not suitable for their age according to Australian Film Classification Guidelines.
- If media content meets film classification guidelines, permission to attend is at the sole discretion of the AFTRS Open Director in consultation with the lecturer/tutor.
- Where the content is suitable and permission is granted by the AFTRS Open Director, AFTRS requires the following; A signed parent/guardian/ Under 18 Consent Form for an Adult Course, returned by fax or mail to AFTRS Open prior to course commencement.
- Parents/guardians/carers should be aware that AFTRS Open is unable to offer the level of care provided in the School Holiday and Schools programs. For example, those attending will not be supervised during breaks, and their arrivals, departures and attendance will not be monitored.
- Lecturers presenting AFTRS Open General Courses, with a person or persons under the age of 18 attending, must have a Working With Children (or equivalent) check that meets the legal requirements of the State or Territory in which they are teaching, unless an AFTRS staff member with a Working With Children (or equivalent) check is in the room at all times, or the course is delivered online.
- Those under 18 year olds seeking to attend an adult course should have their parent/guardian/carer contact email@example.com at least 1 week prior to course commencement. Emails should be marked to the attention of the AFTRS Open Director.
DOWNLOAD FORM: Under 18 Consent Form for a General Course
The Australian Film Television Radio and School would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, on whose land we meet, work, study and teach. We pay our respects to Elders past and present, and extend our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from all nations of this land.