Become a Content Creator
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge required for the creation of engaging short form video, and associated digital marketing assets. You’ll learn how to analyse a brief, develop your storytelling and idea generation skills and turn content around quickly, and make it engaging across different platforms.
Delivered by experts who work in the field, you will engage in practical, collaborative lectures and workshops to learn how to create campaign style content. The course will include sessions on specialised technical skills like shooting, editing, simple graphics as well as pre-production. You will be expected to create content outside of class time and submit a portfolio to brief at the end of the course.
Understand the phases of production
Gain an understanding of all phases of production with the specific goal of creating and executing a portfolio of campaign assets including short form video for use in digital marketing campaigns, and learning how to decide what can be created in-house
Learn how to respond to a brief
Learn about creatively responding to a brief including writing a treatment, creating style frames and storyboards and a pitch deck
Develop your camera and editing skills
Develop your camera and editing skills to create content that meets the requirements and specifications of content on social platforms
Is the Industry Certificate: Content Creation right for you?
The Content Creator Industry Certificate is ideal for:
- Communications staff in corporate or government organisations who are responsible for content creation and want to upskill themselves so more of the process can be delivered in-house.
- Freelancers who wants to expand their skillset and get more work in the digital space.
- Advertising or content agency staff who want a better understanding of content production.
No previous experience with camera or editing is necessary for this course, but you will be expected to apply and practise what you learn within workshops outside of course times. You will also need to make time to shoot and complete your portfolio video(s) outside of class time.
We have one-day and 100% online Mobile Content Creation courses that will give you an insight into making video with your mobile device. Our five-day Videomaking Intensive covers shooting and editing video, but does not have the briefing, strategy and creative development elements of this course. For basic skills we also have two-day Premiere Pro, After Effects and Camera and Sound Fundamentals courses available.
If you don’t want to be a content creator, but you are interested in working as a digital producer – focussing more on project management and strategy – then have a look at our Industry Certificate: Digital Producer of the five-day Digital Producer Intensive.
Meet Your Tutor
What you will need
This course is delivered on campus at AFTRS part time over eight weeks. It starts with an initial 5 day intensive and is followed by 4 x weekend workshops. Some assessments occur within class time, so it is important you can attend all classes.
Workshops at AFTRS Sydney
Class Times: Workshops at AFTRS 9.30am – 5pm
Week 1: Mon 4 May – Fri 8 May 2020
Week 2: Sat 16 May – Sun 17 May 2020
Week 4: Sat 30 May – Sun 31 May 2020
Week 6: Sat 13 June – Sun 14 June 2020
Week 8: Sat 27 June – Sun 28 June 2020
There are weekly scheduled sessions via Zoom Video Conferencing on Wednesday evenings where you can get coaching and support from the course lecturer . You will need access to a desktop or laptop computer with camera, sound and a reliable internet connection for the evening Zoom video sessions.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own cameras to this course (with the option of using your Mobile Device). Please get in touch with us to discuss if you have questions around this. AFTRS will supply equipment if you don’t have access.
- Ideally you will bring your own laptop to the face-to-face workshops. If you cannot bring your own laptop, please let us know prior to the course commencing.
- All participants will need to supply their own external hard drives for their project work.
- Post-production classes will use Adobe Creative Cloud software Premiere Pro, and Photoshop. Software and hardware is provided during class time however tt’s recommended that you have access to this software outside of class time.
- There is some pre-course reading and viewing to do before the first workshop.
25% to confirm enrolment in the course
25% due 14 days from beginning of course
25% due by the end of Week 2 of the course
25% due by the end of Week 4 of the course
NOTE: If you enrol 14 – 1 day before course commencement, 50% payment will be required to confirm enrolment.
For more information and to get a full course outline contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is only open to students aged 18 +.
AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If you are planning to travel to attend a course, please confirm with us via email that the course will be proceeding before you make your travel bookings. AFTRS is not liable for any travel costs incurred due to course postponement, cancellation, or any other circumstance.
If an attendee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee.
Find out more information about discounts and refunds.
Stay updated on all upcoming courses, news & events.