Become a Content Creator
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge required for the creation of engaging short-form video and associated digital marketing assets. You’ll learn how to analyse a brief, develop your storytelling and idea-generation skills, turn content around quickly, and make it engaging across different platforms.
Delivered by experts who work in the field, you will engage in practical, collaborative lectures and workshops to learn how to create campaign style content. The course will include sessions on specialised technical skills like shooting, editing, simple animation, and graphics as well as pre-production. You will be expected to create content outside of class time and submit a portfolio to brief at the end of the course.
Understand the phases of production
Gain an understanding of all phases of production with the specific goal of creating and executing a portfolio of campaign assets including short-form video for use in digital marketing campaigns, and learning what can be created “in house”
Learn how to respond to a brief
Learn about creatively responding to a brief including writing a treatment, creating style frames and storyboards and a pitch deck
Develop your camera and editing skills
Develop your camera and editing skills to create content that meets the requirements and specifications of content on social platforms
Is the Industry Certificate: Content Creation right for you?
The Content Creator Industry Certificate is ideal for:
- Communications staff in corporate or government organisations who are responsible for content creation and want to up-skill themselves so more of the process can be delivered in-house
- Freelancers who want to expand their skillset and get more work in the digital space
- Advertising or content agency staff who want a better understanding of content production
Meet Your Tutor
What you will need
No previous experience with camera or editing is necessary for this course, but you will be expected to practice what you learn within the workshop outside of the course.
- This course is delivered on campus at AFTRS part-time over eight weeks. It starts with an initial five-day intensive and is followed by three-weekend workshops (the final workshop is Friday – Sunday).
- There are weekly scheduled sessions (Wednesday evenings) where you can get coaching and support from the course lecturer – this is primarily via Zoom Video Conferencing.
- You will also need to make time to shoot and complete your portfolio video(s) outside of class time.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own cameras to this course (with the option of using your mobile device). Please get in touch with us if you have questions around this. AFTRS can supply equipment if necessary.
- All participants will need to supply their own external hard drives for their project work.
- Post-production classes will use Adobe Creative Cloud software Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects. It’s recommended that you have access to this software outside of class time.
- There is some pre-course reading and viewing to do before the first workshop.
Workshops at AFTRS Sydney
- Monday 20 – Friday 24 May 2019
- Saturday 8 – Sunday 9 June 2019
- Saturday 22 – Sunday 23 June 2019
- Friday 12 – Sunday 14 July 2019
For more information call 1300 131 461, or register for future offerings.
This course is eligible for a payment plan.
25% to confirm enrolment in the course
25% due 14 days from the beginning of the course
25% due by week 3 of the course
25% due by week 5 of the course
NOTE: If you enroll 14 – 1 day before course commencement, 50% payment will be required to confirm enrolment.
AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If you are planning to travel to attend a course, please confirm with us via email that the course will be proceeding before you make your travel bookings. AFTRS is not liable for any travel costs incurred due to course postponement, cancellation, or any other circumstance.
If an attendee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee.
Find out more information about discounts and refunds.