Become a Digital Producer
Learn essential skills to develop, coordinate and manage digital media projects. Learn to build relationships with your teams and stakeholders, strategise business and digital marketing solutions, translate briefs, and create architectural and business documentation to support your projects. Delivered part-time over 12 weeks this is a practical course giving you essential skills to work in the digital space.
Gain project management skills
Get the skills you need to strategise, scope, plan, develop and deliver a digital project, working to a brief
Learn project management methodologies
Learn current project and financial management methodologies, and how to successfully lead a design and development team through a project lifecycle
Understand the target audience
Understand the needs of a target audience and construct a digital project tailored for maximum effectiveness using a human-centered design approach
Is the Industry Certificate: Digital Producer right for you?
There are many jobs for Digital Producers in the creative digital space, but you need specific skills and knowledge to succeed. This course will help you learn how to plan and supervise a digital project through its conception, creative, and technical phases, and keep the project on time and on budget.
This course is ideal if you have attended our five-day Digital Producer Intensive or have some understanding of website creation, digital marketing or digital project management.
More on what you’ll learn about:
- The different components that make up the digital space, including digital projects such as websites, games, apps, and other new tech
- How to strategise digital solutions and build solid briefing documents
- How websites, apps, games, and other new tech can deliver effective digital solutions
- How to plan, resource and budget for digital projects
- How to eliminate obstacles and avoid ‘scope creep’
- How to understand the needs of the target audience and construct a digital project for maximum effectiveness
- How to create personas, concept models, user stories and user journeys, wireframes, sitemaps, and develop information architecture (IA) and prototypes
- The value of user experience (UX) whether applying it to a website, game or 360˚ transmedia experience
- What project management tools and methods are currently used in the industry to manage your team’s workflow and productivity
- How to quality control (QC), user test (UT) and successfully deploy the deliverables
This is not a content creation course, so you will not be learning video production skills. If you are interested in learning video production skills we recommend our Industry Certifcate: Content Creation.
For more information and to request a full course outline, please email email@example.com
What you will need
The course is partly delivered online, so you will need access to a desktop or laptop computer with camera, sound and a reliable internet connection for the evening video conference sessions.
There is regular weekly online work to be completed between face-to-face sessions, we recommend allowing at least 8-10 hours per week of study time.
This course is delivered over 12 weeks. There are three face-to-face workshops at AFTRS which are mandatory.
- 15-17 February 2019
- 15-17 March 2019
- 5-7 April 2019
Industry Certificate: Digital Producer Offerings
This price is available to all Australian screen and broadcast practitioners and includes the early bird discount as it currently more than 28 days from commencement of the course.
This is the standard course price and includes the early bird discount as it currently more than 28 days from commencement of the course.
For more information call 1300 065 281, or register for future offerings.
This course is eligible for a payment plan.
25% to confirm enrolment in the course
25% due 14 days from beginning of course
25% due by the end of week 4 of the course
25% due by the end of week 8 of the course
Note: If you enrol 14 – 1 day before course commencement, 50% payment will be required to confirm enrolment.
AFTRS reserves the right to cancel any course for any reason at any time. In the event of a course being cancelled a full refund of course fees will be provided. If you are planning to travel to attend a course, please confirm with us via email that the course will be proceeding before you make your travel bookings. AFTRS is not liable for any travel costs incurred due to course postponement, cancellation, or any other circumstance.
If an attendee wishes to withdraw from a course, they may do so up to 15 days before the course commences and get a full refund. Cancellations 14 days or less before course commencement will incur a fee.
Find out more information about discounts and refunds.