04 Oct 2023
12 Dec 2023
2 Years full-time
Three days face-to-face and one day independent study per week.
$32,734 ($16,368 p.a.)
The fee shown is the indicative course tuition fee, expressed as a both a total course cost and per annum cost. For more information, see fees and scholarships below.
FEE-HELP and scholarships available
Register your interest to stay up-to-date on future offerings, application or enrolment dates, and more information on this course.
For the next generation of content creators
Screen stories are changing the world. From streaming to virtual reality and global cinema releases, they are shaping the way we think and feel about the world around us. There has never been such demand for screen content, and the AFTRS Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production aims to give you the skills to seize this opportunity.
TAFE NSW and AFTRS have partnered to enable eligible TAFE graduates of the CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media to be granted Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), enabling entry directly into Year 2 of the AFTRS Bachelor program.
AFTRS’ Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production has been developed in response to the needs of employers across the sector. The film, television and creative industries are looking for multi-skilled, adaptable content creators who are skilled in a variety of roles and platforms. 85% of our BA Graduates are working in the industry following course completion.
As a Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production student, you will combine theory and practice to explore ideas through your own projects. During the course, you will work on several learning production exercises and conduct regular mini exercises.
Please find detailed information on how to apply as a TAFE NSW CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media graduate below.
Discover more information about the Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production.
A range of scholarships are available to successful applicants of the Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production; you will be prompted to apply for them following your submission.
As a TAFE graduate, your prior education criteria relates to having completed the CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media. In the application portal, you must upload your TAFE statement of attainment for this qualification.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply you will need to:
1. Answer all mandatory questions marked with an asterisk (*).
2. Upload supporting documentation, which includes certified copies of your:
a) Proof of citizenship/residency
b) CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media statement of attainment
3. Upload specific application tasks.
4. Agree to the terms and conditions at the end of the application.
You do not have to complete your application in one sitting. Save your application and log back in at any time prior to the closing date.
When uploading application tasks that are media/video files, please be patient as this can take some time.
Is the TAFE NSW Advanced Standing for Bachelor of Arts Screen: Production right for you?
- Immerse yourself in 18 hours of teaching each week, and 6+ hours of self-directed learning
- Become a multi-skilled content creator & screen storyteller with skills in all key creative roles
- Gain hands-on screen production experience, working across platforms
- Benefit from strong links to the screen and broadcast industries:
- Courses are taught by current screen industry professionals
- Work to production briefs from leading creative industry partners
- Graduate industry-ready with opportunities through Industry work experience placements
- Develop networks working with students from a diverse range of backgrounds
Disclaimer: Changes in circumstances may impact upon the accuracy or currency of information. While AFTRS takes all due care to ensure that the information is accurate, it reserves the right to vary any information described here without notice.
Stay updated on all upcoming courses, news & events.