Leading agency 72andSunny Sydney and AFTRS, have announced a partnership to diversity the talents of Australian screen content creators.
The partnership builds on the mission of 72andSunny to expand and diversify the creative class and AFTRS purpose of finding and empowering Australian talent to shape and share their stories with world.
A genuine two-way partnership where AFTRS will upskill 72andSunny creatives in production craft, while AFTRS’ students will benefit from the agency’s expertise, including in the vital area of creative entrepreneurship.
Chris Kay, Partner and Managing Director at 72andSunny APAC, said, “We’re super excited that working together allows us to help foster Australia’s next generation of makers, and having the honour to do that with Neil, and his smart team, at such a forward-thinking institution like AFTRS, is pretty awesome.”
Neil Peplow, CEO of AFTRS, said, “By bringing young, diverse talent to the creative industry, both 72andSunny and AFTRS are helping to develop the next generation of creative makers who will have the ability to conceive, strategise and produce. It’s important that our students have opportunities to learn all aspects of the screen industry; In an increasingly competitive global world, they need to be leaders in both creativity and business.”
The partnership will include:
- 72andSunny Student Employment Commitment: The agency will commit to hiring one AFTRS graduate on contract per year for the next three years.
- Quarterly Internship Program at 72andSunny for AFTRS students.
- 72andSunny teaching into AFTRS courses: 72andSunny will share their expertise on branding, capitalising creativity and the future of Australian stories.
- 72x35MM screenings: Each quarter, AFTRS & 72andSunny will host 35mm film screenings celebrating Australian film.
- 72andSunny employees will attend and lead AFTRS classes on production craft, including cinematography, editing and documentary filmmaking.
72andSunny aims to expand and diversify the creative class and specializes in brand transformations. With offices in Amsterdam, Los Angeles, New York, Singapore and Sydney, the company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for two years in a row and is a two-time “Agency of the Year” winner for Advertising Age and Adweek. For more information, visit 72andSunny.com.