Media Lab, an AFTRS initiative, is a free online resource for primary and secondary teachers nationwide, with practical, creative and tangible education experiences that can be used across the school curriculum, and from kindergarten through to year 10.
- Free of charge to primary and secondary teachers and their students
- Specifically targeted at Australian teachers and students.
- Use as either sequenced or mix-and-match resources
- Stand-alone worksheets for in-class or homework exercises
- Australian examples that are copyright checked
- Instructional videos and FAQs
Professional development for teachers
AFTRS runs a number of short courses throughout the year that are relevant to primary and secondary teachers for professional development. These include 5-10 week online courses and 1-day to 3-week on campus courses.
The following courses are of particular interest to teachers, and for NSW teachers have been accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA):
- Teaching Filmmaking
- Premiere Pro Fundamentals
- Mobile Content Creation
- Mobile Content Creation: Online
Read more about AFTRS’ refund and discount policies.